[OS X TeX] Re: Getting Finder to Refresh

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 22 00:15:37 CET 2005

Howdy,

I got it to work using

osascript -e "tell application \"Finder\" to update (POSIX file
\"${texfile}\")"

(all on one line of course). The double quotes and escaped double quotes
seem to be needed to allow the ${texfile} shell variable (that holds the
full path to the created .tex file) to get expanded before shipping off to
OSA. I think one of the problems was that I was updating the directory
rather than the created file.

It is still amazing that there still is a bit of a delay before all the
created files appear; I know that they are visible essentially immediately
in Terminal.

Thanks to everyone for helping in this silly little exercise of mine. Right
now it works but isn't nearly as complete as I'd like it to be; e.g., it's
not easy to change options although I've figured a way around some things
for now.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>