[OS X TeX] Error message - Unable to read an entire line

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 21 18:48:42 CET 2005

On 21 jan 2005, at 18:01, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 21 janv. 05, à 17:54, Ralph Martin a écrit :
>
>> Using texlive 2004, I am trying process a paper in which the
>> illustrations are tif files. This seems to choke TeX, giving an
>> error:
>
> I was under the impression that support for the TIFF format had been
> withdrawn from pdfTeX a couple of years ago. Is this only getting
> effective in TL2004?

tiff has been removed from the list of supported formats about 3 years
ago. OTOH, I seem to recall that laex+dvips may still support tiff
(take this remark at face value, I haven't tried to include tiff in
years).

The fast way forward is to translate the tiff files into png files, and
then use pdflatex:

     for ff in `find . -name "*.tif" -type f -print`; do echo
"Converting $ff"; convert $ff ${ff%.tif}.png; done

You will need to remove the .tif extensions in your tex sources (the
graphics packages will look for files with extensions it can read).
The command assumes you have ImageMagick installed.

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>