[OS X TeX] Re: How to find coloured pages automatically?

Luis Sequeira lsequeir at fc.ul.pt
Thu Jan 20 12:11:14 CET 2005

>Hi,
>
>is there an easy way (a LaTeX package?) to find all pages of a rather
>long document that contain color?
>
>I have to print out about six copies of a ~240 pages document.
>Of course, I want to keep down the costs for printing, that's why I am
>asking.
>
>Usually, colour only appears inside figure-environments, but not all
>figures are coloured.
>The document has to be printed double-sided, so any even page preceeded
>by a coloured page and any odd page followed by a coloured page has to
>count as a coloured one, too.
>
>I would like to generate two separate PDF files from the original one
>(or its Latex source), one containg the coloured pages, and one
>containing the black-and-white pages.
>
>Any ideas, hints, suggestions?
>
>	Guido

Semi-automatically, really, but I think the easiest way is to:

1) take note of which pages you need,

2) create a new latex document; include in your preamble

\usepackage{pdfpages}

3) as the body of your document, type

\begin{document}
\includepdf[pages={25,26,77,78,99,100}]{yourbook.pdf}
\end{document}

(substitute as needed, and do the same for the rest of the pages;
note that you can use page ranges, as, say, 1-24,27-76 and so on)

Luis Sequeira
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>