[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest #1259 - 01/17/05

Dr.John R.Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Tue Jan 18 03:31:11 CET 2005

Not really.  For most of us, we need the count with all the BiBTeX refs
expanded, both in the text and in the resulting reference list, so the
TeXShop count is not even remotely accurate.  The best (but by no means
great) that I have found is to compile the document to pdf, use a
pdf2txt convertor (ala Acrobat, but there are many others), edit the
headers and footers from the resulting text file (and anything else
that is not supposed to be in the count), and then use TextEdit (or
whatever) to do the word count.

--
John R. Vokey, PhD
Professor