[OS X TeX] how to convert .doc to .TEX?

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jan 18 00:11:55 CET 2005

On 1/17/05 2:32 PM, "Luc Feitknecht" <luc.feitknecht at unine.ch> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have some MSWord documents which I would like to use from now on in
> LaTeX. Has anyone made good experience with that RTF2Latex converter
> dropled which seemed to work fine in MacOS 9 (classic)? Or is there any
> more recent tool helping me not having to re-enter these documennts for
> Latex?
> Regards
>
> Luc

Howdy,

How complicated is the formatting? If it's fairly simple and they aren't too
old you may be able to open them in TextEdit and the Save As to RTF. You can
then use rtf2latex2e (there is an i-package for it) to translate that to
LaTeX. I can't vouch for how well things will translate but wouldn't be
surprised if there was quite a bit of work cleaning things up.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>