[OS X TeX] Word count function?

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jan 18 00:43:58 CET 2005

On 1/17/05 4:49 PM, "Douglas Hemmick" <bellwasright at mchsi.com> wrote:

> Ladies and gentlemen:
>
> Can I order TeX shop to perform a word count?
>
> (The obvious solution of putting the raw
> .tex file into a word-processor and then using
> word count would get all the tex commands,
> as well as words, and so at best would give
> the wrong answer, and at worst choke on the
> commands and halt...)
>
> Thank you.
>
> Doug

Howdy,

The 1.35e version of TeXShop you can use Edit->Statistics... And it will
pass the file through detex, to delete commands, and wc to count the words,
etc. This does NOT change your .tex file and happens in the background; you
get the results. Not perfect but reasonably accurate.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>