[OS X TeX] Word count function?

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at zeno.math.fsu.edu
Tue Jan 18 00:41:22 CET 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 05:49:48PM -0500, Douglas Hemmick wrote:
> Ladies and gentlemen:
>
> Can I order TeX shop to perform a word count?
>
> (The obvious solution of putting the raw
> .tex file into a word-processor and then using
> word count would get all the tex commands,
> as well as words, and so at best would give
> the wrong answer, and at worst choke on the
> commands and halt...)

A less painful quick hack would be to run

	wc -w file.tex

in the Terminal. This would count the (la)tex macros, commands,
etc, but it might give an idea of the rough word count.
--
Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics	 http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Florida State University       	       aldrovandi at math.fsu.edu
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA     +1 (850) 644-9717 (FAX: 4053)
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>