[OS X TeX] Auctex attempt with DarwinPorts Emacs

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at zeno.math.fsu.edu
Mon Jan 17 23:26:32 CET 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 07:00:10PM +0100, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 17.01.2005 um 18:19 schrieb Ettore Aldrovandi:
>
> >This is most likely bound to mess with your Darwinports emacs
> >installation. Even if it doesn't, it's not a good idea to put
> >stuff  in the Darwinports tree which is not under the port's
> >control.
>
> So why not start putting extra stuff into Library/Application Support?

Indeed. But this is not the point of what I said. The point was
that you simply don't put stuff by hand in an area under control
of a software management system like DarwinPorts (of Fink, or
others, for that matter) because said system will not have any
idea you put it there.

> My experiments in December (27.) showed that it makes (almost) no
> difference which Emacs you use to 'make' AUCTeX or preview-latex --

Yes. I had my setup with auctex and preview-latex in /usr/local
done before that, so I didn'd want, or was too lazy, to rebuild
it in /Library/Application Support.

> There is an Emacs on Mac OS X list, with (La)TeX too:

I pointed that in my previous post too, I subscribe to it as well.

--
Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics	 http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Florida State University       	       aldrovandi at math.fsu.edu
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA     +1 (850) 644-9717 (FAX: 4053)
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>