[OS X TeX] mkdir and finder

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 17 01:53:55 CET 2005

Am 15.01.2005 um 18:47 schrieb David Arnold:

> Afterwards, the directory I made with mkdir was not visible in the
> Finder.

It seems that Finder relies on the fact that directories are not
created via mkdir on the command line! There might some caching of
directory entries that it can take up to the next reboot (or relaunch
of Finder) until it notices a new directory. I almost usually switch
back to the last view or some other directory in Finder, and then back
again to my original view.

--
Greetings

   Pete