[OS X TeX] tmpgraph.kep in Metapost and Texshop

Jean-Claude DE SOZA jeanclaudedesoza at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 16 08:08:56 CET 2005

David,

When I started using MetaPost, the thing that annoyed me the most was I
have to change the extension of the graphic file produced by MP from.1
or .2 …etc to .mps. Changing the way MP runs from mpost to mptopdf in
Preferences of TeXShop avoids this problem because the extension of the
graphic file is .pdf accepted by pdfTeX.
But when you make errors in the MP source, it happens what you describe.
Then I discovered that adding a rule in the preamble
\DeclareGraphicsRule{*}{mps}{*}{} frees you from changing the extension
while using mpost, and now it works flawlessly.
You can also use the package emp Gerben just added to his distro and
insert the MP source in you TeX file.

Jean-Claude DE SOZA

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>