[OS X TeX] mkdir and finder

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 15 19:02:03 CET 2005

On 1/15/05 11:47 AM, "David Arnold" <darnold at northcoast.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> In transporting some tex files from our server to my mac, I did a mkdir
> in the Terminal before downloading. Afterwards, the directory I made
> with mkdir was not visible in the Finder.
>
> Can someone tell me how to make it visible in the Finder? (My clunky
> solution was to start over, make the folder in the Finder, then
> download my files. Yuk! Duplicate time.)
>
> Thanks.

Howdy,

I've just used mkdir to create a directory in my HOME directory and it
showed up fine in the Finder after a short delay till the Finder refreshed
the window contents. Where are you creating the directories? Do you have
write permission there? Do you really see the new directory with an ls -aF
command?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>