[OS X TeX] Wrapping and formatting paragraphs in Texshop (and other misc.)

mark oilcan markoilcan at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 16:58:09 CET 2005

--- Herb Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> This would be quite handy. It seems to output to stdout though; the
> new
> file.tex.bak is indeed the original file.tex but the new file.tex is
> empty
> and the (wrapped?) contents seems to scroll by on the screen.

Oops. Sorry, I had removed a couple of critical parts when I was using
the  script to test a couple of things. Here's the correct version
which works as advertised. Thanks for the feedback.

Mark A

#! /usr/bin/perl -i.bak

# Edit a file so that long lines are wrapped. By default the wrapping
# occurs at column (ie character) 74, but can be set to N by using the
# -c N command line argument.

use Getopt::Std;
use Text::Wrap;

if ( getopts('c:') ) {