[OS X TeX] Bibliography: pedestrian way works too...

mark oilcan markoilcan at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 16:26:42 CET 2005

--- "Josep M.Font" <pepf54 at tiscali.es> wrote:

> It helped! Everything was right in my installation, as you describe,
> which made me think the problem did not come from bibtool or
> i-package,
> and suddenly I recalled it: My terminal window had been opened since
> some time, and I had not restarted it! I recalled this is necessary
> whenever you do such installation tasks.

As a little unix/shell tip, when you're using (t)csh you don't actually
have to start up a new terminal window. Instead you can type "rehash"
(without quotes). Any commands that have been installed since the
terminal window was opened will now be seen. The reason for this is
that when the you start a terminal (more precisely a shell, under
(t)csh) it looks at all the commands and stores them. If you install
something new it won't be found because the shell didn't see it
originally. Typing "rehash" tells the shell to forget what commands it
knew before and look through everything (in your path) again.

MarkA