[OS X TeX] More BibTeX Questions.

Peter Pagin peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
Fri Jan 14 09:35:47 CET 2005

Hi Adam,
thanks for the tip. It now does work. It's great. I edited the template
as you suggested, but I learned that one more thing was needed to get
BibDesk find the Babelbst.tex file. It started working when I placed a
copy of that file in the ~/Library/Application Support/BibDesk folder.
Great help, and a great application.

I did hope that solving this problem would give a hint as to how to
solve the corresponding problem with the bibentry package, but if it
will, it still remains to understand how.

Best,
Peter

Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2005, at 02:47, Peter Pagin wrote:
>
>> The problem with BibDesk is marginal, and concerns the preview only.
>> In the bibliography style file generated with the natbib customizing
>> method, I have chosen the alternative of using babel for language
>> support. BibTeX then looks for the language definitions in the file
>> babelbst.tex. This gives the desired document output by pdfLatex. In
>> the Bibdesk preview, however, the segments depending on babelbst.tex
>> are just empty.
>

> In BibDesk's preferences, choose "Preview" and click the "Edit" button
> to edit the TeX template that is used to generate BibDesk's previews.
> Set it up just as you would a normal document with natbib/babel et
> al., and it should work; these documents live in ~/Library/Application
> Support/BibDesk at present.  If you've already done that and it
> doesn't work, maybe we can discuss your requirements off-list?
>
> Adam
> List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>

Professor
Department of Philosophy, Stockholm University
106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
tel: +46-8-162813, fax: +46-8-152226
email: peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>