[OS X TeX] iTeXMac Templates

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri Jan 14 04:47:32 CET 2005

On Jan 13, 2005, at 16:51, Cameron Hooper wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I have a question about templates and iTexMac. I've created a simple
> basic template and saved it to:
>
> ~/Library/Application Support/iTeXMac/Templates
>
> I then created a new document and clicked the templates button on the
> toolbar only to get the "No user defined templates" message. I have
> tried creating the template by saving it as a selection and by just
> saving it directly as a file. I've restarted the program, no dice. Any
> suggestions?

I've put my templates in ~/Library/Application
Support/iTeXMac/Templates/LaTeX (alongside the LaTeX folder there
should be ConTeXt, Metapost, and TeX folders).

You also need to make sure that the proper folder is selected in the
project, though, at least if you are using a custom project.  Assuming
you use the LaTeX project, go to the TeX->Show Project->LaTeX menu
item, and click the "Macros" button on the bottom of the project
window; make sure that "LaTeX" is entered in both of the text entry
fields, as this chooses the proper item in the Templates and Macros
hierarchies.  If that doesn't make sense, it's probably explained more
clearly in the online help.

hth,
Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>