[OS X TeX] Re: Flashmode-Alpha Trial version

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Jan 6 17:05:06 CET 2005

Joachim's suggestion has to be slightly modified in order to work. The
general Applescript syntax should be

set findText to "string1"
set replaceText to "string2"

tell application "AlphaX"
	DoScript "eval replaceText " & "[search -r 0  " & findText & " " &
"[minPos]]" & " " & "{" & replaceText & "}"
end tell

However, if string2 is supposed to be empty, then it must be specified
as
set replaceText to "{}"

and if string1 is embraced like "{sync}", then it has to be specified as

set findText to "{string1}"

Thus, the optimal syntax is

set findText to "{string1}"
set replaceText to "{string2}"

tell application "AlphaX"
	DoScript "eval replaceText " & "[search -r 0  " & findText & " " &
"[minPos]]" & " " & "{" & replaceText & "}"
end tell

where string1 is the literal string you are looking for and string2 can
be empty.

Claus

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>