[OS X TeX] pdfsync and askinclude

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Wed Jan 5 18:00:06 CET 2005

I recently discovered the package askinclude and I love it but
noticed—by chance because I never use it—that "inverse" pdfsync didn't work.

On the other hand, following advice, I had renamed all chapter files
with "descriptive" names, and it had turned out that typing these
"descriptive" names each time askinclude asks for them is … a bit of a pain.

I suffer from a case of terminal curiousity and eventually looked up the
Help about "inverse" pdfsync—and got it to work, but, in doing so,
noticed that "Setting a Project Root File" starts with an example which
has the line

\include{Chapter2/two}

and then refers to the file as "two.tex".

So, I thought this was saying that this was the way out of the bit of a
pain and that I could use "two" as a short name.

I renamed Chapter2.tex as two.tex and changed \include{Chapter2} to
\include{Chapter2/two}but, alas it does not seem to work: Chapter2
doesn't get typeset when I respond to askinclude with "two".

I think that I misunderstand the above "Chapter2/two" and am quite ready
to live with the bit of a pain as askinclude is really worth it and so
this is just in case someone might be able to help …

Regards.
--schremmer

P.S. I am running TeXshop 1.35e under OS 10.3.7
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>