[OS X TeX] TeX run : 8 (vs. 2 ?)

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Feb 28 14:33:58 CET 2005

> Hi,
>
> a ConTeXt document that is typeset under WinXP needs 2 runs.
> The same document (and the same typescript, map files, font files)
> when typeset under OSX (Gerbens i-installer used) needs 8 runs!!!
> Each time it is typeset!
>
> For the result looks the same I assume it's a kind of bug.

But you do not know at which side ;-)

AFAIK, ConTeXt checks if things have changed and if they have, it runs
again. What it checks and how might be different between the versions.

> Anybody knows what to do?

Save output from both runs (one file for each OS) and send them to me?
I'll take it up with Hans Hagen (ConTeXt author). If the test file can be
shared with us for debugging purposes, share it with us.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>