[OS X TeX] OT: Pages from iWork

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Fri Feb 25 16:43:23 CET 2005

On Feb 25, 2005, at 8:48 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2005, at 01:12, Bruno Voisin wrote:
> [...]
>> Finally this application only calls more for an external equation
>> editor less graphics-based than the current Equation Service or LaTeX
>> Equation Editor: for them, the TeX code for an equation is lost when
>> the equation is pasted inside the WYSIWYG application,
> [...]
>
> I was under the impression that Equation Service could re-read its own
> PDF and interpret it as TeX source, similar to what Create.app does
> with its PDF.  Perhaps I'm getting confused with some other
> application, though.

Equation Service can do this, but it depends somewhat on the
application that is hosting the PDF image.  This is because Equation
Service generates multiple versions of the typeset equation, TIFF and
PDF being two that I know of.  The host application apparently has some
flexibility in deciding which of the available formats to use.  For
example, betas of OmniOutliner 3 would take the TIFF image and lose the
ability to convert the image back to LaTeX source.  The folks at the
OmniGroup changed OO3 to instead take the PDF image, so OO3 now plays
nice with Equation Service.  (Other than the baseline issues discussed
elsewhere in this thread.)

Curt

Curtis Clifton, PhD Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science, Iowa State University
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~cclifton

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>