[OS X TeX] Default Truetype Fonts?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Feb 22 22:59:29 CET 2005

Le 22 févr. 05, à 22:32, Brian Powell a écrit :

> Greetings, I have just realized that a proposal I have prepared in
> pdflatex using Gerben's tetex package must be submitted using ONLY
> TrueType fonts.

Hello, could you be more specific as to what the requirements are? It
seems silly for the guidelines to request TrueType fonts with no
rationale to back this up. Is it any TrueType font, or a particular
one?

For using TrueType fonts only, the simplest solution is possibly to
typeset with XeLaTeX and Will Robertson's fontspec package:

<http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex>
<http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/~will/tex/>

but if your proposal includes maths there will still be Computer Modern
characters (in OpenType form) in the output.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>