[OS X TeX] Carbon Emacs getting AUCTeX

Norman Gall ngall at ucalgary.ca
Mon Feb 21 23:37:47 CET 2005

On 21-Feb-05, at 15:19, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 21.02.2005 um 21:58 schrieb Norman Gall:
>
>> Why do you want to use ispell?
>
> It works for German better, it is the engine in Excalibur. Since I
> started only this weekend to reuse ispell in GNU Emacs I'm still
> searching for a way to make it become bi-lingual. Can aspell do that?

No... no it sure can't.

> Why do you ask such questions?! Is ispell too old for you?

I am too good for ispell... :)

> I think it's half as old as GNU Emacs ... and it has a version number
> greater than 1! It's stable -- not what you're looking for?

Exactly. I am a bleeding edge kind of guy. :)

Actually, the reason that I use aspell rather than ispell is that
neither are installed by default in MacOS X and a comes before i. :)

I have no need for the features you mention above, so all is well for
me with aspell.... but I think I'm going to give ispell a chance today.

Cheers,
ng

--
"No man was ever taken to hell by a woman unless he already had a
ticket in his pocket, or at  least had been fooling around with

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>