[OS X TeX] TeXShop, perl and utf-8 encoding problems

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 20 11:49:08 CET 2005

On 20 feb 2005, at 11:43, Stephen Moye wrote:

> I can open the perl-created files in BBEdit and save them out with
> unicode/utf-8 encoding, but this changes the accented characters to
> something else (ç becomes radical and German esset) which, however,
> does typeset and display correctly with TeXShop/XeTeX.

Try to open them in BBEdit as UTF-8, or use "Reopen using Encoding"
from the file menu once open. If the unicode is invalid you'll get a
warning.

(I would also recommend the application Cyclone
(http://free.abracode.com/cyclone/Cyclone_Read_Me.html) to do batch
encoding conversions, much less likely to cause errors).

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>