[OS X TeX] using ITeXMac with external and preview

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 17 18:50:17 CET 2005

On 17 feb 2005, at 18:24, Jason Davies wrote:

> ok so how do I get Preview to refresh when it compiles?

Now *that* is asking the impossible (trust me here: I tried _very_
hard).
Both Preview and Adobe Reader 7 will not refresh a document, at least I
haven't found a way te get them to do so.

TeXniscope will refresh, but doesn't support hyperlinks, IIRC. One
previewer
that has limited support for both is PostView, but only in the beta I've
been using for the past 9 months.

> I should explain that I am using hyperref and want to navigate via the
> headings - I don't think Techshop or iTeXmac do that, do they?
> is Preview the best thing to use for this? (I saw great praise for
> techniscope recently - would that be better?)

I can understand your desire. TeXniscope, in combination with pdfsync,
and the
function menu in BBEdit is as close as I dared to go.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>