[OS X TeX] [ANN] BibDesk 0.98

Adam R.Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Feb 16 08:07:58 CET 2005

The BibDesk development team is pleased to announce that BibDesk 0.98
is now available for download at <http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/>.

This release has a full-fledged AutoFile feature, thanks to Christiaan
Hofman, so check out the preferences; it's almost like iTunes for
articles!  Further, AppleScript should work once again (if not, please
let me know ASAP), and we fixed an incompatibility with the
autocompletion plugin that caused EndNote 8 to hang (thanks to Alex
Montgomery for discovering this).  Autocompletion users should update
their plugin from BibDesk's Autocompletion preferences.

In the event that you find a bug, please remember to file a report at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=61487&atid=497423>, with
supporting information so we can reproduce the issue.

** NOTE **
The cautious among you may want to back up your existing bibliography
and autofiled articles (if any), before using the new "Consolidate..."
feature.

New Features
   •  AutoFile can now rename files according to a user-specifiable
format string; this allows for reorganization of existing files and
automatic filing of new papers
   •  New specifiers to support AutoFile
   •  View local file/view remote URL buttons in the BibEditor are now
popup buttons, and the drawer has a close button

Bugfixes
   •  AppleScript should work again
   •  Format string popup menu now inserts specifiers at the insertion
point
   •  Check for valid field names in the experimental parser
   •  Added a "Validate" option to imported files (currently only RIS)
   •  RIS imported files are now assigned a default name by NSDocument
   •  Input Manager will no longer cause EndNote 8 to hang on launch
   •  @string definitions are now saved when using the experimental
parser, although they are not supported in fields--------------------- Info ---------------------
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>