[OS X TeX] Spaces in file or folder names

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Feb 11 11:19:32 CET 2005

Am 11.02.2005 um 00:55 schrieb Aditya Dushyant Trivedi:

> So it seems that that LaTeX can handle spaces in file and folder names
> with teTeX 3.0 (maybe earlier). According to the manual plain tex
> handles spaces as well. I guess it is no longer a hack. :)

I remember a discussion on a German list on this topic last year, in
November. Using double quotes around the file name with spaces still
collides with a file name like 'd"amlicher Name'.

> I would still caution using spaces in filenames. Some packages and
> scripts may not handle them well.

That's right. Since some packages have "patched" versions of these
input routines it will take some years until this scheme will work in
teTeX 3 in any case.

--
Greetings

   Pete