[OS X TeX] Equations Editor, Equation Sercice

Alan Curtis acurtis at ieee.org
Thu Feb 10 16:05:22 CET 2005

> What you might try to do, is use a dirty trick, but it is guaranteed
> to resolve the issue. How comfortable are you on the command-line?
>
> - Create your equation using the Service or the Editor, and save it as
> a file.
> - Navigate in the Terminal to the location where you saved your file
> - Issue the following command, where you have to use the right
> file-names:
>   gs -dNOPAUSE -dNOCACHE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
> -sOutputFile=your-output-file.pdf your-source-file.pdf
>
> The file that is now generated should include no fonts at all, instead
> it just draws the individual letters, as if they are drawings. Since
> there are now no fonts to confuse Illustrator, you can include them
> now.

This did not work for me when I tried it. The pdf file still had the
fonts embedded and Illustrator choked.

My advice is to use WARMFigToPDF. Alternatively, I had (only partial)
success (google the archives for a complete report) by placing
Macintosh versions of the postscript fonts for TeX in Illustrator's
font path.

Alan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>