[OS X TeX] Re: OT: Pages from iWork

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 9 23:15:41 CET 2005

On 9 feb 2005, at 14:24, William F. Adams wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2005, at 6:19 AM, maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl wrote:
>
>> On a related rant: currently the text system in Mac OS X uses rtf for
>> styled text. I'd love it if they changed that to an XML based format,
>> and
>> offer easy and integrated XML validation (XML Schema's and/or DTD) in
>> the
>> process. That would make it a lot easier to write applications that
>> can
>> easily and reliably exchange data.
>
> Now _that's_ a brilliant idea.
>
> Anyone know if it's ever been suggested to Apple or discussed anywhere?

Well, _I_ haven't suggested that to them. Although the thought is so
trivial,
that I cannot imagine I'm the first to think of it.

If such a system came into existance, that would also mean that Apple or
others can write system wide support for rendering certain schemata -
we'd have instant support for MathML, system wide. Oh, heavens...

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>