[OS X TeX] Lucida fonts (again)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Feb 9 16:34:08 CET 2005

Am 09.02.2005 um 15:44 schrieb Gianluca Gorni:

> I have made an attempt to convert my old Lucida fonts bought from
> BlueSky into something usable by gwTeX. I converted the fonts with
> Fondu, and then placed into ~/Library/texmf/
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I wonder if I have to do some renaming
> of files.

Yes, you have!

The .pfb files should have the short names too! Both the .afm and the
.pfb files have a header in which the font's actual FontName is
recorded. You have to make sure that these FontNames are equal for both
files and that the short names are equal and that they follow the
naming scheme as given by the file
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/lucida/lucidabr.map.

And you have to make sure that you have .tfm and .vf files which names
start with the same characters as given by the names in the first
column (i.e. hlcrf8c.tfm, hlcrf8t.tfm, hlcrf8c.vf ...).

And lucida.sty is useful too.

When this is all achieved you'll have to finally invoke 'sudo updmap
--enable Map=lucidabr.map'.

I don't have these fonts, so my answer is a bit theoretical!
--
Greetings

   Pete

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>