[OS X TeX] I do like ps4pdf

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Feb 7 16:51:29 CET 2005

On 2/6/05 3:33 PM, "Herb Schulz" <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I just noticed that the latex $1 line needs double quotes around the $1,
> i.e., it should read
>
> latex "$1"
>
> Sigh...

Howdy,

I also noticed that the latex line, unlike the pdflatex line at the end of
the script, is missing the --shell-escape parameter; it should read

latex --shell-escape "$1"

Of course, if you don't like to use that delete the option form both lines.
To summarize, the full ps43pdf.engine file I'm presently using is

#!/bin/sh
location=$(dirname "$1")
basefname="${location}/`basename "$1" .tex`"
# process the figures
latex --shell-escape "$1"
dvips -Ppdf -o "${basefname}-pics.ps" "${basefname}.dvi"
ps2pdf13 "${basefname}-pics.ps" "${basefname}-pics.pdf"
/bin/rm "${basefname}-pics.ps" "${basefname}.dvi"
#process the file
pdflatex --shell-escape "$1"

I'm still experimenting with Ross Moore's suggestion of using the -E -S 1
options for dvips to produce .eps files with one image per page. If I can
figure out to split the document up so that each .eps is a separate file
maybe I can avoid the need for xpdf related files, etc.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>