[OS X TeX] XeLatex accents (revisited?)

Hans van Maanen hans at vanmaanen.org
Mon Feb 7 08:48:31 CET 2005

Hi --

Aha. I'm slowly getting there... Having my cake and eat it, huh?

I have your Open Type Latin Modern fonts, Will, and they work great.
But then there's another catch, I think: the \fontspec works best with
TrueType. If you take \fontspec{Hoefler Text}, the machine knows it has
to use italic for \itshape etcetera. But with an Open Type font, you
have to define them by hand like [Italic={Latin Modern-Italic]{...} or
\font\2\=...

Am I right?

Hans

----