[OS X TeX] What kind of operation is TeXing? (concerning hardware)

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at adelphia.net
Sat Feb 5 14:50:03 CET 2005

How do you tell how long it takes to typeset the file and how do you
suppress terminal output? I used time pdflatex source2e.tex but got a
ton and a half of screen output...

Themis

PS: On my G3 imac (800 MHz), I latex 200+ pages with 50+ graphs and I
don't feel the pain (I
\includeonly a lot).  On a G4 imac (1 GHz), it is of course more fun.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>