[OS X TeX] BibTeX buffer size exceeded

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Fri Feb 4 15:53:03 CET 2005

I have a large .bib file (1,856,456 bytes), maintained with JabRef.

Yesterday, for the first time, I got the following:

This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.3)
The top-level auxiliary file: PSYC737syll.aux
The style file: apalike.bst
Database file #1: /Users/mk9y/Documents/Papers/MK.bib
Sorry---you've exceeded BibTeX's buffer size 5000
Aborted at line 21247 of file /Users/mk9y/Documents/Papers/MK.bib
(That was a fatal error)

I believe that a previous thread suggested changing the file to UNIX
line feeds. I believe that I have done that. How to check?

Any further advice?

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>