[OS X TeX] Opinions about ConTeXt

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Thu Feb 3 17:01:39 CET 2005

On 4 Feb 2005, at 2:26 AM, cormullion wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience or opinion about ConTeXt (Pragma ADE)
> (uncertain about capitalization)? I’ve had trouble finding out about
> it from their elegantly obscure web site. Does it sit on top of,
> alongside, or replace my existing i-Installed TeX installation?

It's installed with -- you have it already, perhaps.
I haven't used it, but I've heard wonderful things.
It has many advantages over LaTeX, and one or two disadvantages,
depending on what you're doing with it (for example, good luck finding
journal article style files for it).

You can find out more at the ConTeXt Garden:
<http://contextgarden.net/Main_Page>

Ciao,
Will
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>