[OS X TeX] TeXniscope refresh time.

Massimiliano Gubinelli mgubi at mac.com
Tue Feb 1 15:12:46 CET 2005

On 1 Feb 2005, at 14:11, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 1 feb 2005, at 12:48, Andrea Riciputi wrote:
>
>> The auto refresh feature is very usefull, but it acts too quickly. If
>> I have to LaTeX a document twice (to fix references), TeXniscope
>> tries to refresh the dvi file before the end of second run and gets
>> stucked. How can I make the refresh slower?
>
> Do you use a private script to achieve this? As the last action you
> could rename the dvi or pdf and ask TeXniscope to open that file. Make
> sure though that you keep the dvi in the same directory.
>
> Maarten

I would suggest the same strategy of Maarten. I've added the time-lapse
refresh just after  some user requested it but it is not really obvious
how to get right the moment to refresh the document and I have also
problems with TeXniscope 0.3.4 trying to refresh too early. The best
strategy is to tell him to do that (and disable auto-refresh from the
Preferences). However there is a default to do that. Just read the help
and you will find:

  Setting the auto-refresh delay (in seconds)
 defaults write TeXniscope AutoRefreshInterval 2.0

Best,
Massimiliano

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>