[OS X TeX] names of Appendices

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Wed Dec 28 19:28:51 CET 2005

On Dec 28, 2005, at 8:01 AM, gertlist at mac.com wrote:

> hi,
> my report has several appendices attached to it. I've put the
> following code in my document ('techniques' is the first appendix):
>
> \appendix{\large{Appendices}}
>
> \section{techniques}
>
> In the document it now shows as: A techniques.
>
> Would someone now how to show the word 'Appendix' in front of every
> Appendix listed? Right now it is only the letters A, B.. etc. and I'm
> looking for something like: Appendix A techniques

I make my appendices like so

\appendix
\chapter{First Appendix}

and get what you describe.  I'm not sure what document class you are
using, but for report.cls, all the \appendix command does is reset the
chapter and section counters, change the chapter numbering to letters
and change the chapter naming to "Appendex".  The appendix command is
not defined to take an arguement.

Aaron