[OS X TeX] status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Dec 21 17:38:28 CET 2005

On Dec 21, 2005, at 10:17 AM, mark oilcan wrote:

> It is possible to do this, although not through the System
> Preferences. How
> is explained here:
>
> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2005050222125145
>
> The hint neglects to mention that the field in the plist that you
> need to
> modify also has <array/> in it which must be deleted. (This is
> mentioned in
> one of the follow up comments.)
>
> Mark A

Howdy,

I remember seeing the article too. That makes it all the more strange
that Apple didn't give us a GUI interface to that plist, e.g., via
the Spotlight Preference Pane. I'd guess it's coming in the future;
once folks begin to understand what Spotlight does/doesn't do.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)