[OS X TeX] Continuous numbering of figures

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at fc.ul.pt
Wed Dec 21 11:13:54 CET 2005

This is probably trivial, but I did not seem to find a solution, so
I'm asking:

A friend of mine is finishing writing her thesis (on an iBook running
Tiger, so not totally OT :-)).
She is using the amsbook document class. She has numerous figures,
and they are numbered inside each chapter, but she would like to have
a sequential number from start to finish. I can't seem to find how to
do this.

Is there a simple solution (I'm guessing yes...)?

TIA

Luis Sequeira

[if replying to the list, please cc: me, as I'm on digest mode]