[OS X TeX] status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Dec 19 23:35:30 CET 2005

Am 19.12.2005 um 20:41 schrieb Maarten Sneep:

> I wouldn't include .cls and .sty, as they are not user documents (at
> least not in general).

Their contents can be useful when you think that some environment could
be 'improved' for a particular reason. Then you can search for that
environment's name, and then a word that you've found in the code and
then ... and maybe manage to improve. If the MetaData were a system for
user files only it probably wouldn't index outside $HOME ...

These file in the teTeX trees get indexed once. The next time they
change is when you install an update with i-Installer.

.dtx files are not useful, they have quite the same contents as the STY
or CLS or TEX docu files that are created from them. The same is true
for index and other files that are created from your TeX source -- what
new information do they contain that's not already in the source?

--
Greetings

   Pete

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've
always worked for me."
		-- Hunter S. Thompson