[OS X TeX] BibDesk autocompletion

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Dec 14 17:53:29 CET 2005

On Wednesday, December 14, 2005, at 08:31AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

>On Dec 14, 2005, at 9:34 AM, Kyle Johnson wrote:
>
>> BibDesk 1.2 introduced a problem with the autocompletion function,
>> but I thought I read a post that suggested that autocompletion has
>> been restored, am I wrong?
>>
>> I can get autocompletion to work with BibDesk 1.2 for TeXShop
>> running under 10.3.9, but not 10.4. And I can't get autocompletion
>> to work with BBEdit (8.2.4) under either OS 10.3.9 or 10.4.
>>
>> Kyle
>
>Howdy,
>
>One of the latest nightly builds of BibDesk should have the correct
>behavior restored. Go to <http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/> and choose
>the Nightlies.

Right, this was a bug in our AppleScript dictionary.  I'll see about getting another release out, but for now the nightly build is your best option.

>I've been using the 20051210 nightly and it seems to
>work fine. I'm not sure about the later ones but they are a bit
>larger so might have some additional functionality (or bugs?).

In spite of our dire warning on the nightly build page (which should be taken seriously), the nightly builds generally have fewer bugs, except in the new features.  The release notes are partly updated with the last week's changes, if you're interested.  The size increase is because it now theoretically runs on x86, although we have no way of verifying this.

-- Adam