[OS X TeX] Euro-Symbols are subsituted by question marks

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Dec 14 14:33:15 CET 2005

Le 14 déc. 05 à 14:07, Friedrich Vosberg a écrit :

> Since the last gwTeX update made with i-Installer TeXShop
> opens .tex files and substitutes all included Euro symbols by
> question marks.

Which included Euro symbols? I guess you mean you recompiled a
document containing euro symbols in the output, and these don't show
up in the TeXShop Preview window, right?

Which fonts are you using? How are you coding the euro symbols in the
input? In case you're using the standard LaTeX way:

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{textcomp}

then

\texteuro

In this case, the problem might be caused by having had the CM-Super
fonts in the past, and having erased them when reinstalling gwTeX.

Or are you using the Latin Modern fonts with:

\usepackage{lmodern}

or any other font?

For diagnosing what's wrong, more details are needed.