[OS X TeX] status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 13 20:38:51 CET 2005

On 13 Dec 2005, at 12:01, Timothy Larkin wrote:

> I wrote a Spotlight importer that knows about .tex files.
>
> If a couple of hardy souls are interested in torture testing it,
> please let me know off-list.  If it passes, I can make it generally
> available.
>
> I wrote into the logic a couple of personal preferences.  All
> control words are ignored, as are numbers. For me this is good, but
> perhaps this view is not generally shared?

Please get in touch with the other developers working on spotlight
importers for tex files. There is a lot of movement in this area,
with your importer basically being the third to pop up here. A UTI
has just been agreed upon, and the last thing we need is multiple
importers working against each other.

I'm sure Norm Gall & Adam Maxwell will respond as well, but please
get in touch to coordinate things, to avoid making the lives of your
collective user group very miserable indeed.

I'm willing to set up a sub-project on SourceForge if there is a
need, but I think Norm's importer is there somewhere already.

Maarten