[OS X TeX] Additional texmf-tree

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Dec 13 14:55:04 CET 2005

Le 13 déc. 05 à 14:40, Georg Verweyen a écrit :

> I just recieved the TeX-Collection 2005. So I swept the Disk (I had
> a kind of TeX-Live 2005-beta there) and installed MacTeX, which is
> mainly the iInstaller. To my taste there are some packages missing
> (ellipsis, fixme, betababel, mentis, xfrac). To avoid installing
> one by one I'd like to have more or less CTAN/macros/latex and
> maybe parts of the nonfree-tree on my disk. Do I have things right
> that ~/library is no longer a recommanded place to put things?
>
> Should I use usr/tetex/share/texmf.CTAN or something alike?

The normal repositories are:

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/ for system-wide additions
~/Library/texmf/ for user-specific additions

See, in particular:

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/README.texmf.gwtex
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/README.howtexfindsfiles
<http://ii2.sourceforge.net/tex-index.html#not%20found>
<http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/whereisstuff.html>

> Where can I set a path to this?

If you use the above standard repositories, no path to set (but run
texshash after modifying /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/).