[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated, Easy Mac font support for PDFTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Dec 8 11:49:25 CET 2005

Am 08.12.2005 um 09:22 schrieb Martin Buchmann:

> thanks for your replies. At the moment i moved my map files in
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/dvips/misc and everything
> works. Of course, my setup is now not very consistent because i still
> have my style files in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex.

~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/misc or ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/mine or
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/personal (or
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/fontinst) are fine places! Just remember that
all those so-called MAP files we're writing of are nothing more than
just 'map file fragments!' The real and only MAP files are those that
pdftex, dvips, or dvipf? are using, those whose path names end in:

	map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm.map
	map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm_dl14.map
	map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm_ndl14.map
	map/dvips/updmap/builtin35.map
	map/dvips/updmap/download35.map
	map/dvips/updmap/ps2pk.map
	map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map
	map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_pk.map
	map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_t1.map
	map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
	map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_dl14.map
	map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_ndl14.map

What updmap (or updmap-sys) does is to concatenate the map file
fragments as recorded in updmap.cfg files to these final ones. When any
one of the map file fragments changes on disk updmap (or updmap-sys)
needs to be invoked to refresh the real MAP files.

No magic, no trickery, not even loops, just simple mechanics: an update
of your private parts.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Eat the rich -- the poor are tough and stringy.