[OS X TeX] OT: Spotlight and command line [was Re: status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?]

Matthieu Masquelet matthieu.masquelet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 06:07:48 CET 2005

Alright I did a little testing around with Tiger 10.4.3.

On a search with Spotlight, I get bibtex entries thanks to Bibdesk, I get
indexing of .tex files that I've created on Linux and copied on my Mac but
on the .tex that I've created on my .tex files created with TexShop, nothing
shows up, not even if I'm looking for the name of the file.

Checking on the terminal and looking at the attributes of these files, the
files imported from Linux have the attributes "avbstclinmedz" whereas the
files created with TexShop have "avbstclinmEdz", both being "TEXT" files.

According to the man page of GetInfoFile, the capital E means the extension
has been hidden. Could that explain the lack of indexing? Is there a way to
change this back?

Thanks in advance !

--
Matthieu Masquelet