[OS X TeX] status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.figueroa at ed.ac.uk
Wed Dec 7 02:59:44 CET 2005

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Williams <williams at thphys.ox.ac.uk> writes:

Michael> On 7 Dec 2005, at 01:37, Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill wrote:
>> I'm running 10.4.3, but the only .tex file that Spotlight finds
>> happens to have a Type of "TEXT" and was created (on someone else's
>> PowerBook) by "OTEX".   Could you perhaps tell me what are typical
>> Type
>> and Creator fields of any of the .tex files which Spotlight finds for
>> you?  You can get this information from
>>
>> /Developer/Tools/GetFileInfo FILE

Michael> Memoir.tex is one of my custom TeXShop templates, created in TeXShop.
Michael> It is found by Spotlight when searching for "usepackage".

Michael> otis:~ mike$ /Developer/Tools/GetFileInfo /Users/mike/Library/TeXShop/
Michael> Templates/Memoir.tex
Michael> file: "/Users/mike/Library/TeXShop/Templates/Memoir.tex"
Michael> type: "TEXT"
Michael> creator: "TeXs"
Michael> attributes: avbstclinmEdz
Michael> created: 06/25/2005 17:47:14
Michael> modified: 06/25/2005 17:47:14

Thanks!  It would seem that Type "TEXT" gets imported, hence
if I were to change the type of my .tex files to TEXT then Spotlight
ought to import them.  I'll have to try that...

Cheers, José