[OS X TeX] status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Tue Dec 6 19:58:09 CET 2005

Hi,

On Dec 6, 2005, at 9:50 PM, Matthieu Masquelet wrote:

> I thought the problem that Spotlight was not scanning inside the .tex
> files, like if you have the word "table" in your "header.tex" and if
> you type "table" in spotlight, "header.tex" should show up

ACK. that indeed seems to be a problem :) never used contextual
search though, because i mostly know what i'm looking for :)))

> By the way, hie everyone, first mail for me on the mailing list. I've
> used Latex for a couple of years but I've just switched to Mac this
> year and I love it !

same over here :) just having troubling with programming
microcontrollers, but i guess that'S part of a different mailing list :)

>> What version of Tiger are you running? This seemed to start with
>> 10.4.3. Do you have emacs installed?

System Version:	Mac OS X 10.4.3 (8F46)
   Kernel Version:	Darwin 8.3.0

just chhecked on terminal, and i must admit there is emacs... don't
know when i installed it and whether it changed something - i never
missed .tex-indexing...

i once did some mdimport -f /some/thing to import my system-files
aswell, but that's about it...

see ya,

martin