[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated, Easy Mac font support for PDFTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Dec 6 14:27:01 CET 2005

Le 6 déc. 05 à 09:16, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> Example documents and a manual can be found in the texmf.gwtex/doc/
> fonts/gtamacfonts subdirectory. To get the manual you can type
> "texdoc gtamacfonts" in a Terminal window. Also check out "texdoc
> GTAHoeflerSymbols" in a Terminal window.

> PS. I expect to do one more update with this with some changes to
> the manual and such, but nothing fundamental.

Two suggestions (sorry for the late testing):

- The manual could mention the default scale factors used for the
various sans fonts in the packages gtamacgeorgia and friends. For
example, I had to browse through t1geoverdana.fd to find out that, in
the package gtamacgeorgia, the Verdana font is scaled by default to
0.88, and finally experiment to find out that, in a file of mine, I
would get similar line and page breaks with Verdana as with Lucida
Sans, by writing:

	%\usepackage[expert,lucidasmallscale]{lucidabr}
	\usepackage{gtamacgeorgia}
	\usepackage[scale=0.85]{gtamacverdana}

- The documentation doesn't mention that the choice:

	\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

should be accompanied, I think, by:

	\usepackage{textcomp}

to get similar functionality as with:

	\usepackage{texnansi}

I seem to remember that, in the latest iterations of the beta
version, Thomas and Adam mentioned having created Text Companion
metrics (ie for TS1 encoding).

Bruno