[OS X TeX] How to copy and paste tables into LaTeX (from Excel or other programs)?

Jan Hegewald rurapente at gmx.de
Tue Dec 6 09:19:47 CET 2005

Am 06.12.2005 um 08:29 schrieb Bernhard Barkow:

> Wouldn't it be relatively easy (for an AppleScript expert, I mean)
> to write an import macro for TeXShop which parses the available
> clipboard data and creates a LaTeX table from it, with &s and \\s
> etc.? I don't know if that's possible at all, just had the idea...

Some time ago I wrote an AppleScript which parses the clipboard to
insert the required & and \\ into a table data copied from Excel. It
only works for the rows. So you have to write the \tabular header for
yourself. If anyone is interested, I can see if I can find it.
Currently I use a ruby script to do this converting.

Cheers,
--Jan--