[OS X TeX] Re: How to copy and paste tables into LaTeX (from Excel or other programs)?

Bastian Philipps bph at gmx.info
Mon Dec 5 19:43:38 CET 2005

Markus Hänchen said the following on 5.12.2005 19:20 Uhr:
> Hi,
>
> among the standard LaTeX operations creating tables is certainly one of
> the most cumbersome one. I am looking for an easy solution to copy data
> from an Excel table (or Igor, or Matlab) into a LaTeX document.

concerning an import from Excel into LaTeX there is the wonderful
xl2latex package on CTAN
(http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/xl2latex.html)
So far it worked quite well for me.

> [...]
> I would like to script that in a way that I ideally only have to select
> tabular data in any kind of program (even from a website), run the
> script on the contents of my clipboard, and paste the result into the
> .tex file.

That would be the ultimate solution, which I haven't found so far.
Well, mostly I only have Excel-Tables to convert, so I am not missing it ;-)

Greetings
Bastian