[OS X TeX] Word to LaTeX

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Mon Dec 5 09:31:46 CET 2005

On 05.12.2005, at 09:23, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Am 05.12.2005 um 00:10 schrieb Simon Spiegel:
>
>> On 04.12.2005, at 23:57, Morten Høgholm wrote:

>>> The starting point for converting from other formats is <http://
>>> www.tug.org/utilities/texconv/index.html>.
>>
>> ... starting from a somewhat structured XML file would make the
>> conversion a lot easier ...
>                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> My experience with Word files and Word users is, that they never
> ever use a really _logically_ markup. The documents are overfull by
> double linebreaks instead of paragraph breaks, tabs instead of
> indents, bold and underlined characters instead of real headers.
>
> How should LaTeX recognize a logical structure in such documents to
> convert them right?

Of course this would only work if one sticks to styles religiosly,
thats what the worml2latex stylesheet is meant for. But in the end,
that's anyway the only way to use Word in a reasonably productive way.

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97

Telephon: ++41 43 535 81 71
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I'm not that easy to impress. – O, a blue car." Homer Simpson